Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Won't you be my neighbor?

**June 8th Update: I got 2nd Place!

Hoping that conjures up fond memories of Mr. Rogers... take a moment.... reminisce... ah.

Okay, seriously, if you are in the Sacramento area and happen to be planning a trip to Beverly's on Madison before this weekend is over.... Vote for my apron--apron #5! The aprons are hidden behind the fabric cutting counter. Not sure why, but that's where they are. This is the one you're looking for. No, my waist is not this small (this is the tiniest dress-form I've ever seen).

I am a finalist, which is cool. I've never made an apron before... It was fun! I plan to get good use out of this apron while gardening--the pockets are going to come in so handy. I also plan to make more and see how they move (if they move...) at a craft fair this fall. I will be making a matching apron for Little Miss, so stay tuned for that. I reused an old pair of jeans, burlap from my stash, and extra fabric from a couch that doesn't live in my parents' house anymore. I made the bias tape by hand, the old-fashioned way, which is actually a quite soothing process, in my opinion.

Winners will be announced June 1st... fingers crossed!

1 comment:

  1. Isn't that fabric from the couch still in the front room??? I am confused. If not...I really don't remember that!

    ReplyDelete