Wednesday, January 27, 2010

One Small Change: Tackle the Refashion/Mend Pile


I happened upon a challenge the other day that intrigued me. Because I am generally up for a good challenge, and this one has a great deal to do with being kinder to Mother Earth, I am taking this on. It is from Hip Mountain Mama. The challenge is to make one small change in your life each month, and live it daily until Earth Day, April 22, 2010. Of course, the hope is that, these being small changes, we will continue to practice our changes throughout the year, live greener lives, and with our collective small changes make one HUGE impact on the future of our planet. Yes. This is definitely my kind of challenge. I feel like I live a pretty green life, but it is so easy to get caught up in the day-to-day living/commuting/mothering/working that sometimes my ideals are not as easily attained as they once were, when I was only responsible for myself. I am taking this challenge to heart and once again trying to find my way to the person I would like to be every day, not only when it's convenient.

One of my resolutions for the year is to continue refashioning past my committment to Wardrobe Refashion (April). This month, I have made a fairly large dent in my "refashion/mend" pile, thanks to the serger that now resides in my sewing room. I have a few more days to live up to this one small change for January, which I will continue to carry with me throughout the year and which will be further fueled by next month's small change.... stay tuned... Also, I will be posting more of my refashions soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment