Saturday, May 23, 2009

Wardrobe Refashion: Old Blouse = New Dress

I am not the first person to do this, I know. I borrowed a few different ideas to make this dress. I liked amazing mae's dress from one of daddy's shirts, only I had one of my own old blouses that I couldn't bare to get rid of, though I couldn't stand to wear it either (I don't like the stiffness of blouses). It has this really cool embroidery along the line of buttons and around the cuffs, so I bought Simplicity pattern #2907, intending to make cool sleeves with the shirt's cuffs.... Didn't work out that way. But, I did end up using the cuffs for pockets.
Because we were attending a Mad Hatter, fancy tea party in this dress, I wanted to make it poofy somehow... I came across Pink Picket Fence's tulle skirt and thought, that will work... Then, I saw The Polka Dot Chair's two layer twirly skirt and thought, that will work, too...

And this is what I created:
After the party, when the shirt-dress could be worn on its own, I wanted to add a waistband. I used Dana's tutorial to do that. Very cute!

3 comments:

  1. What an awesome result! I love that you made the tulle skirt to wear over it for the party. I attempted that one, but I didn't do a very good job. I love the white blouse/dress - it makes you look at all your clothing so differently before it gets thrown out. You did such a creative job with the whole thing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Everything looks adorable!
    We'd love if you uploaded it to the flickr group!
    http://www.flickr.com/groups/1107392@N23/

    Your daughter is too, TOO adorable. LOVE those curls.

    ReplyDelete
  3. that's adorable! i kinda want to wear it myself haha!

    ReplyDelete