Friday, April 17, 2009

Getting organized: My Closet

I want to be organized. Really, I do. I am a great planner. In fact, I tend to have a five-year-plan available at all times. It is the area of execution where I am greatly lacking... For example, I have for years begun the trick of turning my clothes hangers backwards, so at the end of the season I will know for sure which clothes I never wore because their hangers would still be backwards. The theory is to then get rid of those clothes that were never worn. I don't own a lot of clothes, but why hang on to things I never use?

I am one of those people who has a hard time getting rid of things because I think one-day-I-might-need-that-and-I-won't-have-it-anymore. Do you know anyone like that? Are you like that? If so, you know how difficult it is to get yourself organized, because you have a lot of "stuff".

I want to declutter. I want to be organized. I want to find things quickly, and not by remembering which pile they are located in (though, I am very good at that, as long as no one has consolidated my piles without asking first...). I know it will take time, but I am ready. This fabulous lady has inspired me to keep the ball rolling.

Anastasia is in bed. J is at a poker game. Here I go...

My closet before:

And, after the Spring cleaning I am donating (or refashioning into dresses for Anastasia) this:

It doesn't look like I got rid of too much (17 items). Still, I feel pretty good! Especially, since I bought two new sweaters at ecothrift today.

I will do this again in the fall to purge summer clothes that did not get worn. Hangers are backwards and ready to go...

No comments:

Post a Comment